Your "Four Season" Landscape Management Team
LAWN CARE GUIDE
- Mow frequently – cut no more than 1/3 of grass blade length
- Keep clippings short
- Keep clippings on the ground - mulch clippings
- Use well sharpened mower blade
- Mow at 2" to 3"
- Alternate mowing directions
- Apply 1" to 2" per week
- Water early mornings
- Water heavily once or twice per week rather than watering lightly throughout the week
- Plant red fescue grass varieties
- Raise mower height
- Control foot traffic
Core aeration is one of the best things you can do for your lawn. Not only does it control thatch, but aerations help to stimulate root growth for a healthier lawn.
Practice a well balanced fertilizing program to provide essential nutrients for a healthy thick lawn.